In this episode of the Documentation Consultation Series, we're talking about some strategies for making notes easier to write so that keeping up with them is more feasible.
In this video I talk with Gina Della Penna, a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in New York. She shares some really common struggles with writing notes and we also talk about things like scheduling. More specifically, we talk about:
- Creating a schedule for writing notes... and how to know exactly how much time you need to plan for writing notes each week
- Common fears about who will read your notes and how to protect your client's confidentiality
- How to use collaborative documentation to solve the problem when you can't think of what to write in a note
- Tips for how to think about notes so they are easier to write
- How to conceptualize which note template you're using and how to try out a new one if you're not happy with what you're using now
When you sign up for weekly email tips I'll also send you the link to download the sample notes I referenced! Enter your info below:
Resources we discussed in this video:
If you want to check out Simple Practice, the EHR that Gina uses, click here.