Welcome to the Documentation Consultation series!
In this consultation I talk with Julee Cox, a Mental Health Counselor in Florida. We go through some hefty content in this interview and dive in to some of the following topics:
- How to talk with clients about insurance and confidentiality from the initial phone consult
- What kind of privacy clients can realistically expect with insurance
- What to include in your social media policy and why it may be different for everyone
- Things to look out for when interacting with clients on social media
- What are "HIPAA notes" and do you need to prepare for them?
- The most important thing to include in your notes if they may be seen by insurance companies
I hope you enjoyed this interview! If you'd like to sign up for my weekly email tips then you'll also receive copies of the sample notes I referenced, add your info below.
Resources we discussed in the video:
You can learn all about creating an initial phone consult script by checking out services from Kelly and Miranda of Zynnyme.com.
You can also click here to check out an excellent book by Casey Truffo, where she also addresses these same issues.
Tell us what you think about the topics we discussed and feel free to add any follow up questions in the comments below.