Are you a big podcast listener? I certainly am! That's why I get really excited about podcasts that are created for mental health professional and talk about one of my favorite topics- business!
The Practice of Therapy Podcast with Gordon Brewer is another you can add to your list if you share my love of podcasting and business. Gordon and I originally connected on Twitter and after noticing we seemed to share a lot of the same interests I reached out to him about being on his show.
I didn't know he was already planning to reach out to me so we made an interview happen that week and bam! Documentation tips galore ;)
Here's what we covered in this interview:
- The #1 concern about paperwork that therapists want to discuss with me
- A counterintuitive way to catch up on notes when you're falling behind
- One simple way to reframe your notes so they take up less time
- How Gordon created a tool (Session Note Helper) to make his own notes easier and then shared it with other clinicians
- How to make your documentation meaningful to the other clinical work you do
- Common struggles during the transition from agency work to private practice and my biggest regret from when I made the transition myself
I love podcasts because you can easily learn on the go, so this is a great way to get some tips and encouragement no matter where you are! Gordon was some great insight himself, as well as resources he has created to make notes easier over time.
Then come back and let us know what you think! Share your favorite strategy in the comments below.